I write, I cook, and I often write about cooking. As it turns out, cooking and writing have a lot in common!
The top 5 ways writing is like cooking
1. Like Grandma’s famous chicken wings, stories should be a blend of sweetness and spice to make them oh so savory.
2. Writing and food should be fresh. Clichés are as stale as graham crackers in an already-opened package.
3. If you’re a newbie, keep it simple. Hold off on the complicated plot structures and Pâté en Croûte until you have a liiiitle more experience.
4. Whether you’re scrubbing dishes or editing your grammar, you gotta clean up your mess when you’re done.
5. As the saying goes, food tastes best when shared with friends. The same is true for writing. Don’t deprive your friends from enjoying your fabulous creation!
Have any to add? I’d love to hear them! Leave a comment below to share your cooking/writing analogies.
Thanks for stopping by!